Outbyte Computing Pty Ltd. (“Outbyte”) takes your privacy seriously and acts in every possible way to protect it.
The terms and conditions covering the collection and use of information, when you disclose your identity to Outbyte, purchase or install Outbyte products, request technical support or other assistance, are explained here.
What information is collected
- Outbyte stores information sent by your web browser while visiting the Outbyte website.
- When you send Outbyte requests for technical support or other messages, Outbyte saves your email address, phone number, name, message content, names and versions of Outbyte programs installed on your device for further correspondence related to your inquiry. Outbyte will ask for your specific consent to send any promotional correspondence and will not send you any marketing emails without obtaining your consent.
- When you contact Outbyte via in-app chat or respond to surveys, Outbyte saves your subscription information, such as expiration day, included products and services, name and email address associated with the subscription. This information is used to provide efficient customer support and will not be used for any marketing purposes.
- When you install Outbyte software, you agree to Outbyte collecting anonymized information used to ensure service functionality and a smooth user experience. This information may include device/screen type, operating system, app version, as well as some details on user interaction with the app and/or website. If you do not want this information to be collected, you may withdraw your consent by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you purchase Outbyte products, you provide your personal contact, billing, and shipping information to our payment processing partner, who retains the information needed for billing and shipping purposes, and information on your product licenses. Our payment processing partner shares with us the minimum information needed for us to provide service to you and handle your license. We may use that information to email you regarding your order. We do not get access to your payment details, such as your credit card or bank account number. This information is encrypted and only used by our payment processing partners for the intended purpose.
We work with the following payment processing partners:
Paddle.com Market Limited - https://paddle.com/privacy
Softline AG - https://softline.com/about/business-conduct-guidelines/sl-privacy-notice
The name of the processing partner who will handle your payment and a link to their Terms and Privacy Policies are always specified in the shopping cart.
Email campaigns and transactional notifications:
ActiveCampaign, LLC - https://www.activecampaign.com/legal/privacy-policy
Mailgun Technologies, Inc - https://www.mailgun.com/privacy-policy/
Outbyte’s transactional emails are handled by our partner Mailgun Technologies. Outbyte may send some information collected from you to our partner Active Campaign to be used for sending you email messages with Outbyte discount offers, recommendations of software products to cover your system’s current needs and similar correspondence. The information we transmit to Active Campaign and Mailgun Technologies may include: your first name, your email address, your Outbyte license status, your computer system specs and some statistical data on the issues detected on your computer. This information will only be used to send you messages from Outbyte, and will not be used by Active Campaign or Mailgun Technologies for any other purposes, sold or shared with any third parties.
Other partners and services:
VPNSecure is a service we use to provide VPN functionality for users of Outbyte VPN. The service processes your email address and login details for authorizing you on the VPN server. VPNSecure handles collected data according to their Terms of Service
Legal basis for processing data
Outbyte may process your personal data if one of the following applies:
- You have given consent for one or more specific purposes;
- Provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement between you and Outbyte, or for any pre-contractual obligations;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Outbyte is subject;
- Processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Outbyte;
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Outbyte or by a third party.
In any case, Outbyte will gladly help clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing of your data.
The data we collect from you is processed at Outbyte's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Data transfers may involve transferring your data to a country other than your own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred data, you may email Outbyte at the contact address listed in this Policy.
You are also entitled to learn about the legal basis for data transfers to another country or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by Outbyte to safeguard your data. Information may be requested from Outbyte via email at email@example.com
How the information is used
Outbyte uses your information for the following purposes:
- Information stored by the Outbyte web server is used for statistical purposes only, to help us develop better products and services for you.
- When you submit questions to Outbyte, request technical support, send us suggestions to enhance our products, or send other messages, your name, email address and/or phone number and your message are stored to enable our technical support team or sales department to communicate with you.
- When you purchase Outbyte products, the information necessary to complete the commercial transaction is sent in encrypted form to one of our authorized payment processing partners. Information about your name, address, and product licenses becomes available to select Outbyte personnel for further correspondence with you regarding your order. Credit card information is used by our payment processing partner only for processing your payment and is never retained or used for marketing or other purposes.
Sharing the information
Outbyte does not sell, rent, or lease personal information or any part of it to any third party.
Your suggestions concerning improvements of Outbyte products may be discussed with other Outbyte customers in personal correspondence or open forums without revealing your identity.
Outbyte may occasionally ask for your permission to share your contact information with our business partners, who may act on our behalf.
Changing and erasing information
If you would like to make changes to your information, such as update your email address, or if you want to have all information you shared with Outbyte permanently deleted from company records, you may send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org at any time. You may also request a copy of all of your shared information by emailing us at the same address. We have 30 calendar days to respond to your request.
Handling Security Breaches
Data Protection Rights
Outbyte would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Outbyte for copies of your personal data, to receive it in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on your consent, on a contract which you are part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof. A copy of your data may be provided to you up to twice a year. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Outbyte correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Outbyte to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Outbyte erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Outbyte restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Outbyte’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Outbyte transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
Right to non-discrimination. We do not discriminate users in any way for exercising their rights under any data protection law or regulation that applies to them or for any other reason.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Considering the specific requirements related to the exercising of these data protection rights, we may:
- Respond to your data-related request within 30 days of receiving it;
- Provide you with the personal data we have collected about you up to twice a year;
- Decline your request for personal data if we are unable to verify your identity. You are responsible for providing us with enough information to enable us to confirm that you are the person, whose information you are requesting. When requests are made from a registered Outbyte user account, we consider such requests sufficiently verified.
- Decline to send your personal data to another person or entity.
Personal data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose it was collected for.
Outbyte may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, Outbyte may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, personal data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right of access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
International data protection laws
Outbyte is fully compliant with major international data protection laws, including the following:
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), effective from May 25, 2018, places additional obligations on companies handling data of EU residents. See more information here.
UK Data Protection Act 2018
The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). See more information here.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), effective from January 1, 2020, extends user privacy protection rights for California residents. See more information here.
Brazil’s Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados Pessoais do Brasil, also known as LGPD, is a data protection law implemented on August 14, 2018 and relatively similar to the EU’s GDPR. See more information here.